Steps towards 2019
: session_start() [function.session-start
]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mechost/public_html/news/news_modules/selections.php:19) in /home/mechost/public_html/news/news_modules/selections.php
on line 52
: session_start() [function.session-start
]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/mechost/public_html/news/news_modules/selections.php:19) in /home/mechost/public_html/news/news_modules/selections.php
on line 52
- Last week, the Malawi Electoral Commission met political parties and other electoral stakeholders based in the Southern Region. The Commission met Democratic Progressive Party (DPP), . . .
- This week, we continue mentioning the challenges that Malawi Electoral Commission face in working with domestic or local elections observers. However it should be mentioned . . .
- The laws in Malawi allow for both local and international electoral observation. As such the Malawi Electoral Commission always invites electoral stakeholders to observe elections . . .
- From the local to the global level, women’s leadership and political participation are seen not to be increasing. Though in some developed countries women are . . .
- Following the presentation of nomination papers on Monday, October 17, 2016 the Commission wishes to announce the commencement of the official campaign period. The official . . .
- Unfortunately, the youth of today have been given such a bad name when it is only a minority of people who are creating social disruption. . . .
- It is now a well known fact that the Malawi Electoral Commission is going to conduct by-elections on 01 November, 2016 . . .
- It has been a long walk, we have waited for so long, we have held our patience but finally the date has been set. We . . .
- On 24th August 2016 the Malawi Electoral Commission announced that it has postponed the launch of by-electionsinMchinji West Constituency and 4 wards;kaliyeka ward in Lilongwe . . .
- Fare thee well Justice Maxon Mbendera Sc
“Greetings my fellow Malawians. I present myself before you to announce that the Malawi Electoral Commission has prepared to . . .
- When Malawi went to the polls in the first ever Tripartite Elections on May 2014, there were 12 candidates competing for presidency. While others might . . .
- As Americans mull over Clinton or Trump option on November 8 this year, focus is now shifting to whether this election will attract a higher . . .
- With the US elections slated for November 8 this year, a recent survey has shown that 59 percent of the US electorate are already tired . . .
- Killing albinos, 2019 elections and moral turpitude
The nation has of recent been experiencing indecent, criminal and barbaric acts, even . . .
- The National Registration Bureau (NRB) in the Ministry of Home Affairs and Internal Security has embarked on an exercise to issue national identity cards to . . .
- We continue learning from UK and Malawi in light of the Brexit referendum held on June 23, 2016. About 32 million people voted in the . . .
- Of recent “Brexit” has become a buzzword in current affairs discussion. It is nothing but an abbreviation of "British exit", and refers to the June . . .
- Today, (June 22, 2016) Japan is expected to announce a revision of the voting age to 18 from 20 and this will be applied in . . .
- It is clear that Democrat, Hilary Clinton will face Republican, Donald Trump in the race for the oval office as America goes to polls November . . .
- Donald Trump has secured enough voters to be candidate for the Republican Party. It was very clear that the Republican portiburo were against his choice . . .
- 2019 elections stocktaking; two years gone
The month of May marks exactly two years since we had the first Tripartite Elections in Malawi where elections are . . .
- Reflections on Zambia on New Zambia Electoral reforms
We take a break from mirroring our local elections against the US elections, as all pointer are leading . . .
- What about Electoral Management Bodies’ day?
We continue celebrating World Press Freedom Day (WPFD) which falls on May 3 every year but in Malawi the celebrations . . .
- Everyone has their own day when they celebrate who they are. Even fools have their own day, Fools Day. So it happens that the media . . .
- Registration of voters: US vs Malawi
As the day of reckoning draws nearer for the US elections, we now focus on the registration of voters with . . .
- Last week we looked at proposals on regulating political party and campaign funding as contained in the draft Political Parties Bill drafted by the Centre . . .
- We continue comparing and contrasting the US and Malawi electoral systems. As promised last week, we will look at the proposals on regulating campaign financing . . .
- As the race for the White House gets hotter we reflect on the campaign financing aspect. America has a law regulating campaign finance and it . . .
- We continue focusing on the events unfolding in the US ahead of the forthcoming elections and reflecting them on what happens here. This week we . . .
- Last week we compared some of the aspects of the United States of America and Malawi presidential elections. As promised this week we look at . . .